Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 4 and Feeling Groovy...

Matt has a job interview this morning.  Matt has been out of work since March.  We've had to blow through one savings and are about to have to take out our 401K if he doesn't get this job...so prayers are appreciated!  Of course, I am just thankful we have that money if we need it.

We were both up at 7:30, and I made easy mini breakfast frittatas and some sugar-free oatmeal for him. He took his vitamins and off he went.  He's in the middle of his interview right now, and my prayer is that it is everything he needs and more; also that the company recognizes his talent and ability, and wants him right away!

Anyway, I've noticed I've been hitting the bathroom more than usual, so I guess I am losing some water that I have retained over the last three weeks.  Hurray!  My goal with this challenge is to lose 15 lbs--Matt's is 25 lbs.  I know that both of us can meet our goals.

Here's what I ate this morning at 8AM:

1 mini frittata- 105 calories
1 Atkins protein shake- 160 calories


At 10:30AM I had:
8 oz plain yogurt with 1 tsp blackberry jam, 1 tsp agave nectar, and 4 whole blackberries 215 calories

Here's some pics of the fritattas.  They were really good.  I posted the recipe and how-to below as well.


Easy Mini Frittatas

4 eggs
1/4 c. half-and-half
pepper
pinch of salt

mixins:

cheese (preferably not pre-shredded. American or colby-jack is good for melting purposes)
diced ham
green onions
tomatoes
green/red peppers
whatever you like!

Using a 12-muffin tin is best, because you are only using 6 tins and the other ones can be filled with water to provide some steam.  If you don't have a 12 cup, don't worry about it.
PAM your muffin tin.  Mix your egg base up, and pour in 6 tins evenly. Drop in mixin fixins. LOL.  Bake in a preheated 350*F for 20 to 25 minutes.  Let rest (deflate a bit) and then use a knife or spatula to pop out.  You can let them completely cool and put in a freezer bag to freeze them and just pop in the micro for 30 seconds at a time until hot.

Bon Appétit!




No comments:

Post a Comment